We are the go-to car accident attorney in Seattle. Call us Today!
Stop Being Treated Like You Caused the Car Wreck – Get the Help You Need
Car accident claims have become much more difficult and complex in recent years, with lower settlement offers being made, insurance companies for at-fault drivers aggressively defending claims (blaming you), and even your own insurance company (yep, the one you’ve paid your hard earned dollars to) questioning your injuries, your medical treatment or your property damage losses. Since insurance companies and big corporations have attorneys, shouldn’t you have one too?
What You Need to Know About Auto Accidents
After an accident, you should follow these important guidelines, and avoid some crucial mistakes:
- DO seek medical treatment for your injuries;
- DO take photographs of any bruises, cuts, scars or any other visible injuries you received;
- DO take photographs of the damage to your vehicle, including any damage to the interior of your vehicle that impacted with your body;
- DO cooperate with your own insurance company (you do not need to initially cooperate with the at-fault or negligent driver’s insurance company);
- DO contact our offices for further instruction on the handling of your claim;
- DON’T agree to give a recorded statement to the at-fault driver’s insurance company;
- DON’T sign paperwork allowing the at-fault driver’s insurance company to get your medical or employment records;
- DON’T post photos or information about your accident or injuries on social media;
- DON’T allow the at-fault driver’s insurance company to visit your home or meet with you.
How We Can Help
- We provide immediate assistance in determining which insurance company should be paying your medical bills and help getting those bills paid;
- We advise you of all of the damages you can recover;
- We can determine the value of your claim and assess the fairness of any settlement offers by the insurance company;
- We investigate and discover all persons or business entities responsible for your injuries;
- We advise you of the risks and expenses associated with filing a lawsuit, or whether to file a lawsuit;
- Contact us for more information or if you have any questions.
Free Review of Your Auto Insurance Coverage
Too often good people who are injured by a careless driver end up shouldering the bills and financial burden of someone else’s mistake. We don’t sell insurance and we won’t be referring you to someone if you need to buy more coverage. But hopefully, a quick review of your coverage can alert you to any obvious gaps in your auto coverage and prevent a bad situation from becoming a financial crisis.
Our Experience and Commitment
We have successfully represented countless auto accident drivers, passengers and pedestrians over the past 25 years and recovered millions of dollars for them. We offer skilled and experienced representation and communicate with the insurance company for you. Your case is tailored to your unique facts and individual needs, and we respond promptly to your questions and concerns. Please contact us for a confidential and free evaluation of your case.
What Clients Say
Ken represented me in multiple automobile accident cases. He is an effective settlement negotiator and provided excellent financial results. Ken always took the time to answer my e-mail questions and return my phone calls.
Ken Selander was very easy to work with in my personal injury lawsuit. Ours was truly a partnership, and his creativity was a definite plus. He is sympathetic, and ‘heard me’ when I asked that we move toward a quick result in my auto crash case. I would not hesitate to call on him again. I have recommended him to friends and clients alike, several times.
How do I know if I need an attorney?
Most personal injury cases are better resolved with the help of an attorney. If you are involved in a case where a small amount of money is being pursued, you may be better off representing yourself in settlement negotiations or in small claims court. With serious and catastrophic injuries, an attorney is recommended to capture all of your losses and to create greater value for your claim. At the very least, you should have an attorney consultation to assess your claim, to understand your options, and to explain the claims process. We offer free consultations, so please don't hesitate to contact us.
How much is my case worth?
Every case is unique, and we will give you an honest evaluation of your claim once we have reviewed all the necessary information to fully assess your case. The assessment process requires collecting all of your medical records and other pertinent information, as well as meeting with you personally to understand your pain and suffering or "general damages". Personal injury claims entitle you to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, lost income earning potential, pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, as well other potential compensations.
Can I afford your services?
Yes, our firm handles personal injury cases on what is called a contingency fee basis: earning our attorney’s fee is contingent upon obtaining a favorable settlement or verdict. The fees charged are a percentage of the settlement or verdict that is obtained. In most cases our fee is 33% of the recovery, but in complex cases (roadway design, products liability and others) our fee is usually 40%. This fee agreement is different from a traditional hourly fee charged by attorneys who keep track of their time and charge you at their hourly rate. With an hourly fee attorney you must also pay for the attorney’s time as the case proceeds. We are paid at the conclusion of the case and do not charge you along the way. We also advance the costs of pursuing the case (paying for experts, depositions or other case related expenses for which you are responsible) and are repaid when we collect from the negligent party. The costs we advance are separate from the attorney’s fees we charge. To see a copy of our fee agreement or to have any of your questions answered, please contact us.